Thermal or otherwise mentioned infrared imaging has become one of the most valuable diagnostic tools able to scan and visualize the temperature distribution of entire surfaces of machinery and electrical equipment quickly and accurately. Like all predictive maintenance techniques it tries to detect the presence of conditions or stressors that act to decrease a component’s useful or design life. By detecting anomalies that are usually invisible to the naked eye, thermal imaging allows corrective actions to be taken before costly system failures or even worse, fire occurs.
Within the hundreds of possible applications of this technology LAS Solutions utilizes it to detect problems that would otherwise go unnoticed until a component fails and results in excessive repair or downtime costs. Examples of failures that can be detected with thermal imaging are:
Electrical & Electronic parts
- High resistance connections
- Corroded connections
- Internal fuse damage
- Internal circuit breaker faults
- Poor connections
- ‘Hot spots’ in electronic equipment
- Lubrication issues
- Overheated motors & gearboxes
- Suspect rollers
- Hot bearings
The benefits of using LAS Solutions to conduct a thermographic survey include:
- No interruption to the systems and no power cut needed.
- Makes your business more reliable and lessens the risk of fire.
- Provides a clear report which details the suspected cause of the fault, the severity of the problem and the remedial action required to repair.
- All our surveyors are certified professional thermographers.
Insurance companies provide positive feedback on our service and follow up activities.